As a brand new, Ofsted registered nursery, we are seeking passionate individuals, who have experience and knowledge of working with children aged 3 months to 5 years old.
This position will interest individuals who wish to have their input in shaping a brand new setting, with possibilities to progress further in their career as the nursery grows.
In the place of the old historic Cape Hill Brewery Fire Station now stands Fireflies Nursery. Having respect and appreciation for all, is one of the core values we instil and endorse to all of our staff, children and parents.
Your role will evolve as the nursery grows. We thrive to serve the community and accommodate its needs. Consequently, this job role requires a proactive approach, in order to provide the best care and education for all of the children who attend our nursery. Thus, Fireflies Nursery staff must be dedicated in ensuring that each and every child develops to the very best of their potential. Access to our outdoor area via our open door policy allows you to generate activities to be carried out both indoors and outdoors.
Opportunities like this are rare and will interest professionals who seek to inspire a new generation of children, by instilling core values into every aspect of learning.
- Level 3 qualification in childcare
- Relevant experience working with children aged 3 months to 5 years old (at least 1 year)
- Outstanding insight into the needs of young children
- Detailed understanding of the EYFS Curriculum
- Thorough understanding of Safeguarding and Welfare
- Comprehensive awareness of Health and Safety procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current knowledge of play based approaches in relation to children’s learning
- Understanding and knowledge of current issues in the sector (British Values, FGM )
- Desirable skills
- First Aid training
- Food Hygiene
- Understanding of any other languages
- Immediate Start
- Part-time / full - time
- Term time contracts available